CONGRATS! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
gonna be a big jump in pay too, no?
I was offered another job at the university I currently work at. $11.50/hour, 40 hours a week, occasional overtime, weekends off, health insurance (including vision and dental, which I haven't had in years).
this will also mean the end to my weeks late paychecks, being as I will be under a different boss, and my checks will go through differently.
<font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 15, 2005 10:56 AM: Message edited by: TheUnquietGrave ]</font>
CONGRATS! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
gonna be a big jump in pay too, no?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yep. I make $12/hour right now, but my job is only seven hours a week..and if no one shows up by 2:00 PM, I have to leave early, so often times I'm only pulling in $60 a week. of course my jewelry selling helps a lot, but even so..lots more money, even if I'm making 50 cents less than I already am.Originally posted by Peeker:
CONGRATS! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
gonna be a big jump in pay too, no?
aw hell, it's WAY better this way, for sure.
although I hate working that many hours.
that's why my job is good for me, lotsa times I only put in 10 hr/wk, still get apid for 30 hrs.
mind ya, sometimes I put in 60, and only get paid for 30... [img]redface.gif[/img]
but over the course of a year, it more or less evens out.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah..it's a lot of hours, and it's also early in the morning..8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. which is kind of a bitch being as I live 45 minutes away. but it's the best option I've got right now, so I'll take it.Originally posted by Peeker:
aw hell, it's WAY better this way, for sure.
although I hate working that many hours.
that's why my job is good for me, lotsa times I only put in 10 hr/wk, still get apid for 30 hrs.
mind ya, sometimes I put in 60, and only get paid for 30... [img]redface.gif[/img]
but over the course of a year, it more or less evens out.
actually, I always liked early days.
that's probably my biggest complaint at work, I usually start at 6pm, except on Sundays, which range between 7-9AM.
Congrats! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
I'd easliy give up 50cents for insurance.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">exactly. the woman hiring me thought I'd object to losing that 50 cents, but health insurance and the added hours more than makes up for it.Originally posted by Drau Al Gul:
Congrats! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
I'd easliy give up 50cents for insurance.
besides, that job allows raises and such..so chances are I'll regain that 50 eventually.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed.Originally posted by Drau Al Gul:
Congrats! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
I'd easliy give up 50cents for insurance.
Congrats.
(wo)Man! You have fringe benefits comming out the yin yang!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
Bookmarks